How to Delete PhonePe Completely
Learn how to delete your PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance account, your personal data and also delete the PhonePe app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete PhonePe Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with PhonePe.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify PhonePe of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting PhonePe's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete PhonePe app from your Iphone
If you want to delete PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete PhonePe from your Android phone
To delete PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
PhonePe: UPI, Recharge, Investment, Insurance Software Details
1. PhonePe is a payments app that allows you to use BHIM UPI, your credit card and debit card or wallet to recharge your mobile phone, pay all your utility bills and also make instant payments at your favourite offline and online stores.
2. Buy PhonePe Gift Cards: Buy a PhonePe Gift Card for easy payments across 1 lakh+ leading offline and online outlets and across the PhonePe app.
3. Use your favourite Apps on PhonePe Switch: Use your favourite food, travel, shopping and grocery Apps on ‘PhonePe Switch’, without downloading them.
4. Link your bank account on the PhonePe app and transfer money with BHIM UPI instantly.
5. Make instant bank transfers with BHIM UPI by just using a mobile number or a unique payment identity – your Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
6. Pay at shops and offline stores: Pay at your neighbourhood kirana store and across your favourite food and shopping outlets like KFC, Bata, More, Star Bazaar, Cafe Coffee Day, Pantaloons etc.
7. Pay Utility Bills: Pay landline bills across providers like Airtel, BSNL, Tata DoCoMo, MTNL, Reliance and electricity bills across 180+ billers including BESCOM, BSES, IGL, TNEB, MSEDCL.
8. You can also check your account balance, save beneficiaries and manage multiple bank accounts across banks like Yes Bank, SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC bank, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank and over 140+ banks.
9. Manage your refunds: Manage and track refunds from your favourite shopping websites on PhonePe.
10. Make easy online payments: Pay easily for electronics, mobiles, fashion, home and kitchen appliances across your favourite online shopping sites like Flipkart, Myntra.
11. Pay Credit Card Bills: Pay credit card bills for Visa, Amex, MasterCard, Rupay and Diners.
12. The PhonePe app is safe and secure, meets all your payment and banking needs, and is much better than Internet banking.
13. You can also recharge your Datacard/DTH connections across leading providers like Tata Sky, SUN Direct, Airtel Direct, Videocon D2H.
14. Contacts - We use this to for phone numbers to send money to and choose numbers to recharge.