How To Delete Momentum Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Momentum account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Momentum app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Momentum completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Momentum Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Momentum. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Momentum via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Momentum.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Momentum of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Momentum's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Momentum on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Momentum from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Momentum app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Momentums from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Momentum icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Momentum.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Momentum app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Momentum" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Momentum app from your Android device
To delete Momentum from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Momentum.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Momentum app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Momentum app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Momentum Software Details
Momentum gives you a simple and innovative way to stay connected to your home when you are miles away. Momentum cameras and services allow you to easily monitor, control and secure your home from anywhere. And Momentum makes it convenient to control all your smart home products in one simple app. Once you download the Momentum app and set up your Momentum cameras you can: - See what’s going on at home, day or night, by streaming live HD video from your Momentum camera to your Android smart phone or tablet. - Get an alert when there is activity in your home. Use your Android smart phon...