How to Delete Merck Manual Consumer Completely
Learn how to delete your Merck Manual Consumer account, your personal data and also delete the Merck Manual Consumer app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Merck Manual Consumer completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Merck Manual Consumer Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Merck Manual Consumer. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Merck Manual Consumer via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Merck Manual Consumer.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Merck Manual Consumer of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Merck Manual Consumer's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Merck Manual Consumer on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Merck Manual Consumer from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Merck Manual Consumer app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Merck Manual Consumer from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Merck Manual Consumer icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Merck Manual Consumer.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Merck Manual Consumer app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Merck Manual Consumer" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Merck Manual Consumer from your Android phone
To delete Merck Manual Consumer from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Merck Manual Consumer.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Merck Manual Consumer app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Merck Manual Consumer app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Merck Manual Consumer Software Details
1. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
2. The Merck Manual Consumer App features clear, practical explanations for thousands of medical disorders, including symptoms and what doctors do to diagnose and treat medical conditions.
3. PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING: This is a native app and will store medical topics and associated images, figures, and on-demand downloaded videos on the device’s internal storage.
4. To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, or to report suspected issues or problems with the application, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372.
5. Hence, to enable this storage, BY DEFAULT Android OS (from version 6.0 and above) prompts permission to "Allow App to access photos, media, and files on your device?" before installation.
6. We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information.
7. That’s why we are making the Merck Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world.