How To Delete Remote Desktop Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Remote Desktop account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Remote Desktop app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Remote Desktop completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Remote Desktop Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Remote Desktop. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Remote Desktop via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Remote Desktop.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Remote Desktop of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Remote Desktop's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Remote Desktop on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Remote Desktop from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Remote Desktop app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Remote Desktops from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Remote Desktop icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Remote Desktop.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Remote Desktop app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Remote Desktop" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Remote Desktop app from your Android device
To delete Remote Desktop from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Remote Desktop.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Remote Desktop app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Remote Desktop app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Remote Desktop Software Details
Use the Microsoft Remote Desktop app to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are. Getting Started + Learn how to use Microsoft Remote Desktop at https://aka.ms/rdanddocs. + Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients. + Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdandfbk. Features + Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server + Access remote resources published by your IT admin + Connect remotely through a...