How to Delete Microsoft Word Completely
Learn how to delete your Microsoft Word: Edit Documents account, your personal data and also delete the Microsoft Word app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Microsoft Word: Edit Documents completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Microsoft Word Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Microsoft Word: Edit Documents. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Microsoft Word: Edit Documents via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Microsoft Word.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Microsoft Word of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Microsoft Word's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Microsoft Word: Edit Documents on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Microsoft Word: Edit Documents from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Microsoft Word app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Microsoft Word: Edit Documents from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Microsoft Word: Edit Documents icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Microsoft Word: Edit Documents.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Microsoft Word: Edit Documents app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Microsoft Word: Edit Documents" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Microsoft Word from your Android phone
To delete Microsoft Word: Edit Documents from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Microsoft Word: Edit Documents.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Microsoft Word: Edit Documents app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Microsoft Word: Edit Documents app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Microsoft Word: Edit Documents Software Details
1. Write a letter, create templates, read Word documents, edit docs and collaborate with your team anywhere with Microsoft Word.
2. Edit docs and collaborate on shared projects in real time on your mobile device with the help of Microsoft Word.
3. Read documents and open attachments with the built-in docs viewer or edit a PDF with the help of Word’s file conversion.
4. To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
5. Download Microsoft Word now and edit documents anywhere.
6. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
7. Microsoft 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your Play Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand.
8. Create documents and more on the go and allow Microsoft to polish them off for you with expert editing tools.