How to Delete Microsoft Outlook Completely
Learn how to delete your Microsoft Outlook account, your personal data and also delete the Microsoft Outlook app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Microsoft Outlook completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Microsoft Outlook Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Microsoft Outlook. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Microsoft Outlook via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Microsoft Outlook.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Microsoft Outlook of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Microsoft Outlook's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Microsoft Outlook on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Microsoft Outlook from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Microsoft Outlook app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Microsoft Outlook from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Microsoft Outlook icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Microsoft Outlook.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Microsoft Outlook app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Microsoft Outlook" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Microsoft Outlook from your Android phone
To delete Microsoft Outlook from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Microsoft Outlook.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Microsoft Outlook app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Microsoft Outlook app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Microsoft Outlook Software Details
1. With intelligent email, calendar reminders and contacts, Outlook for Android lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
2. Easily organize with email, calendar, and files in one app with Microsoft Outlook.
3. Get management for contacts, email, work schedule, files and more with Microsoft Outlook today.
4. • Microsoft security and privacy keeps your email, calendar, contacts and files safe.
5. Outlook includes Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive integrations to help you manage and send files and connects with Teams, Zoom and other video calling providers without hassle.
6. Microsoft Outlook provides seamless inbox management that enables you to stay connected on the go.
7. Email friends, family and colleagues from multiple accounts on one app and see what matters most first with the Focused Inbox that keeps the important messages on top.
8. • Email inbox management displays your most important messages first and enables swipe gestures and smart filters.
9. • Outlook helps you stay on top of your day with customized calendar and email capabilities.
10. • Email, calendar, contacts and files are all together in one place.
11. • Microsoft Office documents are accessible from Outlook, stored locally, or on OneDrive or other cloud storage.
12. • Focused Inbox keeps important emails and conversations front and center.