How to Delete Microsoft Lens Completely
Learn how to delete your Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner account, your personal data and also delete the Microsoft Lens app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Microsoft Lens Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Microsoft Lens.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Microsoft Lens of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Microsoft Lens's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Microsoft Lens app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Microsoft Lens from your Android phone
To delete Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner Software Details
1. Office Lens is like a scanner in your pocket that allows you to scan and share classroom handouts and notes into OneNote and OneDrive.
2. Whether you're using it for business or education, Office Lens will help you save and share your documents in OneNote and OneDrive so you can all work together.
3. You can use Office Lens to convert images to PDF, Word and PowerPoint files, and save to OneNote, OneDrive, or your local device.
4. Increase productivity in your business by using Office Lens to capture and share ideas.
5. Scan printed documents and save them in Word and OneNote so you can edit and annotate them later.
6. Scan business cards, and save the information to your contact list and OneNote.
7. Scan the teacher's handouts and annotate them in Word and OneNote.