How To Delete Microsoft Edge Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Microsoft Edge account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Microsoft Edge app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Microsoft Edge completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Microsoft Edge Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Microsoft Edge. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Microsoft Edge via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Microsoft Edge.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Microsoft Edge of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Microsoft Edge's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Microsoft Edge on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Microsoft Edge from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Microsoft Edge app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Microsoft Edges from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Microsoft Edge icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Microsoft Edge.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Microsoft Edge app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Microsoft Edge" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Microsoft Edge app from your Android device
To delete Microsoft Edge from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Microsoft Edge.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Microsoft Edge app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Microsoft Edge app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Microsoft Edge Software Details
Introducing the new Microsoft Edge . It’s time to expect more. More privacy. More control. More productivity. More value. Browse anywhere with one continuous experience from your phone to your computer and other signed-in devices. Microsoft Edge gives you the tools to protect your privacy online with features like tracking prevention, AdBlock Plus, and InPrivate mode. Organize the web in a way that cuts through the clutter, making it easier to find, view, and manage your content on-the-go. With world class compatibility, performance, and new features, the new Microsoft Edge is the only browse...