How To Delete Microsoft News Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Microsoft News account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Microsoft News app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Microsoft News completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Microsoft News Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Microsoft News. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Microsoft News via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Microsoft News.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Microsoft News of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Microsoft News's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Microsoft News on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Microsoft News from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Microsoft News app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Microsoft Newss from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Microsoft News icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Microsoft News.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Microsoft News app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Microsoft News" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Microsoft News app from your Android device
To delete Microsoft News from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Microsoft News.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Microsoft News app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Microsoft News app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Microsoft News Software Details
Microsoft News delivers breaking news and trusted, in-depth reporting from the world's best journalists. - Our editors curate the most trusted, important, interesting and trending news - You choose which topics matter most to you. - Microsoft News updates you with notifications of breaking news, quickly and accurately, 24/7 - Sync your preferences across the app and the Web. Microsoft News works in partnership with hundreds of publishers in dozens of countries globally. Select from editions in more 20 countries, carrying content from 3,000 top brands. Microsoft News makes it e...