How to Delete QuickBooks Self-Employed Completely
Learn how to delete your QuickBooks Self-Employed account, your personal data and also delete the QuickBooks Self-Employed app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with QuickBooks Self-Employed completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete QuickBooks Self-Employed Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by QuickBooks Self-Employed. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting QuickBooks Self-Employed via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify QuickBooks Self-Employed of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting QuickBooks Self-Employed's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of QuickBooks Self-Employed on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete QuickBooks Self-Employed from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete QuickBooks Self-Employed app from your Iphone
If you want to delete QuickBooks Self-Employed from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the QuickBooks Self-Employed icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the QuickBooks Self-Employed app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete QuickBooks Self-Employed" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete QuickBooks Self-Employed from your Android phone
To delete QuickBooks Self-Employed from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the QuickBooks Self-Employed app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the QuickBooks Self-Employed app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
QuickBooks Self-Employed Software Details
1. QuickBooks Self-Employed users have found billions in potential tax deductions by automatically tracking mileage for work, tracking business expenses and sending invoices online.
2. Are you self-employed, a freelancer or an independent contractor? Organize your finances with QuickBooks Self-Employed and let us help you find your tax deductions & maximize tax returns in time for tax season!.
3. Save receipts and attach them to business expenses, send invoices and categorize business expenses apart from your personal finances.
4. • Self -employed, freelancer or small business owner – manage business finances easily and keep up to date so you do not miss out on any tax deductions.
5. • Receipt scanner enters transaction information & can easily save receipts - making tracking business expenses much easier.