How to Delete Google Pay Completely
Learn how to delete your Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage account, your personal data and also delete the Google Pay app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Google Pay Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Google Pay.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Google Pay of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Google Pay's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Google Pay app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Google Pay from your Android phone
To delete Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Google Pay: Save, Pay, Manage Software Details
1. Google Pay will help you enroll in rewards programs and automatically apply rewards at the pump so you’ll always get the best deal.
2. Easily enroll in loyalty and rewards programs from the app, then let Google Pay apply points and perks automatically.
3. + Activate offers and get cashback for redeeming them – whether you use Google Pay or your plastic card.
4. + Money transfers are instant and free with Google Pay balance.
5. + When you send a payment with Google Pay, it’ll stay between you and your friends.
6. + See the total balance from all of your eligible accounts in one payment app, so you’ll always know exactly what’s coming in and what’s going out.
7. + Use Google Pay to checkout quickly and securely when you shop on websites and apps.
8. + Create a group to send and receive money for things like trips, dinner, bills, rent, and more.
9. Import receipts from Gmail and Google Photos and then simply search for any of them.
10. + See businesses where you’ve used Google Pay when you open the app.
11. Google Pay will even help you do the math on who owes what.
12. Better yet: get twice the rewards when you redeem with a cashback credit card.