How to Delete Even Completely
Learn how to delete your Even account, your personal data and also delete the Even app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Even completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Even Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Even. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Even via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Even.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Even of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Even's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Even on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Even from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Even app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Even from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Even icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Even.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Even app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Even" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Even from your Android phone
To delete Even from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Even.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Even app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Even app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Even Software Details
1. Even works with over 18,000 banks, but some smaller banks take a long time to send data to the Even app.
2. Even Plus, which includes Instapay, is only available through employers that Even has partnered with.
3. In a pinch? Send your pay to your bank account in one business day, or pick it up instantly at any Walmart.
4. We wish we could make things faster for this set of banks, but there’s only so much we can do.
5. Even Plus costs $8/month, though some employers may subsidize some or all of that cost.
6. Get paid on demand, master your bills, and save money—all with the Even app.
7. Available through select employers.
8. If you use one of these banks, your experience with the app may not be great.
9. No, Instapay allows you to access the wages you've already earned.
10. No hidden fees, no loans, no interest.
11. Even detects which bills are coming up and how much you need for them.
12. There’s no setup work or math to do.
13. Even keeps your information private and secure, and never advertises to you.