How To Delete Duolingo: Learn Languages Free Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Duolingo: Learn Languages Free account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Duolingo: Learn Languages Free app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Duolingo: Learn Languages Free completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
Delete Duolingo: Learn Languages Free Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Duolingo: Learn Languages Free. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Duolingo: Learn Languages Free via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Duolingo .
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Duolingo of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Duolingo: Learn Languages Free's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Duolingo: Learn Languages Free on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Duolingo: Learn Languages Free from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Duolingo: Learn Languages Free app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Duolingo: Learn Languages Free from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Duolingo: Learn Languages Free icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Duolingo: Learn Languages Free.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Duolingo: Learn Languages Free app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Duolingo: Learn Languages Free" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Duolingo: Learn Languages Free from your Android phone
To delete Duolingo: Learn Languages Free from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Duolingo: Learn Languages Free.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Duolingo: Learn Languages Free app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Duolingo: Learn Languages Free app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Duolingo: Learn Languages Free Software Details
Learn a new language with the world’s most-downloaded education app! Duolingo is the fun, free app for learning 35+ languages through quick, bite-sized lessons. Practice speaking, reading, listening, and writing to build your vocabulary and grammar skills. Designed by language experts and loved by hundreds of millions of learners worldwide, Duolingo helps you prepare for real conversations in Spanish, French, Chinese, Italian, German, English, and more. Whether you’re learning a language for travel, school, career, family and friends, or your brain health, you’ll love learning with Duol...