How To Delete DStv Now Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your DStv Now account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the DStv Now app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with DStv Now completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete DStv Now Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by DStv Now. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting DStv Now via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with DStv Now.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify DStv Now of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete DStv Now's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of DStv Now on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete DStv Now from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting DStv Now app from an Iphone
If you want to delete DStv Nows from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the DStv Now icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on DStv Now.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the DStv Now app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete DStv Now" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting DStv Now app from your Android device
To delete DStv Now from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on DStv Now.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the DStv Now app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the DStv Now app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
DStv Now Software Details
If you are a DStv customer in a country within our DStv territories, the DStv Now app enables you to stream live TV, catch up on your favourite series, movies and sport highlights or download to watch later offline, all on the go. The Live TV and Catch Up content in the DStv Now app will be as per your DStv subscription package and country where your subscription is held. Due to geo-blocking this content can only be played within the countries in the DStv territories. As a DStv customer you can enjoy all of these features on the DStv Now app. - Live stream selected TV channels via 3G/4G...