How To Delete Garmin Pilot Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Garmin Pilot account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Garmin Pilot app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Garmin Pilot completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Garmin Pilot Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Garmin Pilot. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Garmin Pilot via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Garmin Pilot.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Garmin Pilot of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Garmin Pilot's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Garmin Pilot on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Garmin Pilot from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Garmin Pilot app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Garmin Pilot from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Garmin Pilot icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Garmin Pilot.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Garmin Pilot app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Garmin Pilot" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Garmin Pilot from your Android phone
To delete Garmin Pilot from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Garmin Pilot.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Garmin Pilot app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Garmin Pilot app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Garmin Pilot Software Details
** 30 Day Free Trial! ** Plan. File. Fly. Log. Garmin Pilot is the most comprehensive suite of tools for Android designed specifically for general aviation and corporate pilots. Flight planning, Lockheed Martin and DUATS filing, charts, interactive maps, weather briefing resources and navigation capabilities; it’s all included. The app’s intuitive interface mirrors those on the newest Garmin touchscreen avionics so you can go seamlessly from preflight to inflight. Plan, file, fly with Garmin Pilot. Plan Garmin Pilot’s powerful capabilities start with pre-flight planning, provi...