How to Delete InPen Completely
Learn how to delete your InPen: Diabetes Management App account, your personal data and also delete the InPen app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with InPen: Diabetes Management App completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete InPen Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by InPen: Diabetes Management App. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting InPen: Diabetes Management App via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with InPen.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify InPen of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting InPen's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of InPen: Diabetes Management App on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete InPen: Diabetes Management App from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete InPen app from your Iphone
If you want to delete InPen: Diabetes Management App from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the InPen: Diabetes Management App icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on InPen: Diabetes Management App.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the InPen: Diabetes Management App app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete InPen: Diabetes Management App" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete InPen from your Android phone
To delete InPen: Diabetes Management App from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on InPen: Diabetes Management App.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the InPen: Diabetes Management App app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the InPen: Diabetes Management App app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
InPen: Diabetes Management App Software Details
1. “This successful year wouldn’t be possible without one of my favorite pieces of diabetes technology, InPen - a smart insulin pen! ... It saved me thousands of dollars and gave me so much peace of mind by helping me calculate insulin on the @companionmedical app.
2. Wish you could get benefits of a pump without the hassle of being tethered to a device 24/7? Tired of filling cartridges, changing infusion sites, and charging your pump? Feel the freedom of pen therapy but keep the benefits so you can stay on top of your diabetes and save money.
3. InPen helps you take the right amount of insulin, at the right time, by automatically tracking your doses and providing personalized insulin recommendations.
4. I NEVER thought I could live without my pump... Taking a pump break that has lasted 12 months was the best decision for my diabetes management - physically, mentally and financially.
5. The app provides personalized insulin recommendations based upon your glucose level, meal size, and the insulin still active from prior injections.