How To Delete Chatous Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Chatous account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Chatous app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Chatous completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Chatous Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Chatous. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Chatous via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Chatous.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Chatous of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Chatous's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Chatous on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Chatous from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Chatous app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Chatous from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Chatous icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Chatous.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Chatous app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Chatous" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Chatous from your Android phone
To delete Chatous from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Chatous.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Chatous app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Chatous app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Chatous Software Details
On Chatous, you can chat with people from all over the world about the topics you care about. You never know who you'll meet! The connections you make through Chatous can be rich and real. Stay in touch with the people you enjoy talking to and bring the chat conversation to life through video chat and photo sharing. FEATURES: ★ Use #hashtags to find and chat with people with similar interests ★ Protect your identity through anonymity or by changing your display name at any time - it can't be searched! ★ Use Chatous on your mobile phone or on your desktop computer at chatous.com...