How To Delete Bitcoin Wallet Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Bitcoin Wallet account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Bitcoin Wallet app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Bitcoin Wallet completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Bitcoin Wallet Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Bitcoin Wallet. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Bitcoin Wallet via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Bitcoin Wallet.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Bitcoin Wallet of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Bitcoin Wallet's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Bitcoin Wallet on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Bitcoin Wallet from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Bitcoin Wallet app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Bitcoin Wallets from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Bitcoin Wallet icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Bitcoin Wallet.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Bitcoin Wallet app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Bitcoin Wallet" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Bitcoin Wallet app from your Android device
To delete Bitcoin Wallet from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Bitcoin Wallet.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Bitcoin Wallet app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Bitcoin Wallet app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Bitcoin Wallet Software Details
Looking for an app to easily and quickly buy and use Bitcoin? The Bitcoin.com Wallet has everything you need to get started, whether you're new to cryptocurrency or an expert, we've got you covered. Buy Bitcoin easily Buy BTC and BCH through the app using a credit card. The coins you buy will be deposited into your chosen wallet. Organize your Bitcoin Send and receive BTC and BCH, and create any number of wallets to organize your funds as you see fit. Exchange Bitcoin fast Swap BTC for BCH (and vice versa) in a matter of minutes. The exchanged coins will be deposited into your ch...