How to Delete Audible Completely
Learn how to delete your Audible: audiobooks & podcasts account, your personal data and also delete the Audible app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Audible: audiobooks & podcasts completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Audible Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Audible: audiobooks & podcasts. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Audible: audiobooks & podcasts via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Audible.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Audible of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Audible's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Audible: audiobooks & podcasts on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Audible: audiobooks & podcasts from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Audible app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Audible: audiobooks & podcasts from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Audible: audiobooks & podcasts icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Audible: audiobooks & podcasts.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Audible: audiobooks & podcasts app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Audible: audiobooks & podcasts" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Audible from your Android phone
To delete Audible: audiobooks & podcasts from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Audible: audiobooks & podcasts.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Audible: audiobooks & podcasts app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Audible: audiobooks & podcasts app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Audible: audiobooks & podcasts Software Details
1. - And, access the entire Audible Plus catalog - thousands of binge-worthy audiobooks, exclusive podcasts and audio entertainment, with fresh audio content added every single week.
2. You can download, stream or listen to books and other audio entertainment titles from both the Premium collection and the Audible Plus Catalog.
3. So come on in and listen to bite-sized audio content such as true crime podcasts, daily news updates, and sci fi audiobooks as you cook, walk the dog, run, work or fold laundry.
4. New to Audible, the catalog offers thousands of audiobooks, podcasts and audio titles just for you.
5. Choose binge-worthy audiobooks, exclusive podcasts, bite-sized audio content and genre-bending Audible Originals.
6. Dive into engrossing true crime thrillers, mysteries, fantasy & sci-fi stories, kids stories, meditation titles, memoirs, documentaries, and genre-bending Audible Originals.
7. - Thousands of binge-worthy audio books, podcasts and Audible Originals.
8. - Build your own Library and listen to the largest selection of audio titles from the entire Premium selection - titles purchased with credits are yours to keep, even if you cancel.
9. Hear captivating audio books, listen to podcasts and relax with mindful meditation.
10. - Mysteries & thrillers, true crime, sci-fi stories, comedy podcasts, meditation and more - you get 1 monthly credit to pick any title that you want to keep.
11. And never lose your place with seamless cross-device listening with Whispersync, available with all audio book titles, podcasts and selections across your Library.
12. Listen to books and podcasts from thousands of titles.
13. You can download, stream and listen to audio books offline too.
14. Feel good with comedy podcasts, unwind with our meditation titles or tap into your detective skills with a new mystery or true crime podcast.
15. - True crime podcasts, comedy podcasts, scifi audiobooks, kids books and thrillers.
16. Download and listen to books and podcasts offline.
17. Discover the latest and greatest in audio entertainment with your Audible Premium Plus membership.