How To Delete AT&T TV Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your AT&T TV account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the AT&T TV app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with AT&T TV completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete AT&T TV Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by AT&T TV. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting AT&T TV via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with AT T TV.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify AT T TV of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete AT&T TV's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of AT&T TV on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete AT&T TV from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting AT&T TV app from an Iphone
If you want to delete AT&T TV from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the AT&T TV icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on AT&T TV.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the AT&T TV app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete AT&T TV" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete AT&T TV from your Android phone
To delete AT&T TV from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on AT&T TV.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the AT&T TV app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the AT&T TV app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
AT&T TV Software Details
Experience live sports, news, shows and events and binge tens of thousands of on demand titles - including hit movies and the most talked about series. Watch your recorded programs at home and on-the-go with our cloud DVR and quickly find what you want to watch with our dynamic and easy to use interface. If you love your entertainment, AT&T TV is where you want to be. Please note: this app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which contributes to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. For more information visit: www.Nielsen.com/digitalprivacy