How to Delete Airthings Wave Completely
Learn how to delete your Airthings Wave account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Airthings Wave Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Airthings Wave:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Airthings Wave account, contact Airthings Wave via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Airthings Wave of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Airthings Wave on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Airthings Wave".
3. Delete Airthings Wave on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Airthings Wave" and Click "Uninstall".
Airthings Wave Product Details
When you know what’s in the air you breathe, small changes make a big difference! The Airthings Wave app connects to your Airthings View, Wave, and Hub devices bringing your home’s air quality data straight to your smartphone. It features: - Color-coded indicators give you at-a-glance information about your air quality levels. - Access to the web dashboard for detailed graphs to help you track and analyze changes in readings over time. - Tips for addressing common indoor air quality problems. - Information about current and projected pollen levels in your area, thanks to Breezometer. - Access to the Airthings knowledge base and the customer support team chat. Note that Wave Plus, Wave Radon and Wave Mini monitors use Bluetooth LE to connect to your mobile device to provide readings while you are within Bluetooth range. However, they do not connect directly to your home WiFi network to give you access to updated information when you are away from home. If you would like to enable WiFi access to your Wave monitor’s readings, you have a couple of options: - Install an Airthings Hub and link your Wave monitor/s to it. - Add a View series monitor to your home setup. These monitors connect directly to your home WiFi network and act as the WiFi hub for your Wave devices so that you can check updated information from all of your monitors, at any time, from anywhere. If you have questions about using the app or any of our devices, please contact [email protected] At Airthings, we’re working to help the world breathe better and live better.