How To Delete Acorns - Invest Spare Change Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Acorns - Invest Spare Change account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Acorns - Invest Spare Change app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Acorns - Invest Spare Change completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like Acorns - Invest Spare Change
Delete Acorns - Invest Spare Change Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Acorns - Invest Spare Change. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Acorns - Invest Spare Change via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Acorns .
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Acorns of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Acorns - Invest Spare Change's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Acorns - Invest Spare Change on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Acorns - Invest Spare Change from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Acorns - Invest Spare Change app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Acorns - Invest Spare Change from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Acorns - Invest Spare Change icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Acorns - Invest Spare Change.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Acorns - Invest Spare Change app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Acorns - Invest Spare Change" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Acorns - Invest Spare Change from your Android phone
To delete Acorns - Invest Spare Change from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Acorns - Invest Spare Change.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Acorns - Invest Spare Change app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Acorns - Invest Spare Change app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Acorns - Invest Spare Change Software Details
Get all-digital, all-in-one investment, retirement, & checking accounts with Acorns! Sign up in under 5 minutes & join over 7 million people to take control of your money. Plus, earn bonus investments from 350+ brands if you shop, & get financial literacy at your fingertips. We’re proud to be backed by leading investors & innovators like BlackRock, PayPal, & CNBC. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow. Grow your oak! “With the help of Acorns, investing is now made for everyone.” - Forbes (1) ACORNS LITE Just $1 per month Invest spare change & extra cash automatically, earn bonus investme...