How To Delete Adobe Connect Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Adobe Connect account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Adobe Connect app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Adobe Connect completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Adobe Connect Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Adobe Connect. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Adobe Connect via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Adobe Connect.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Adobe Connect of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Adobe Connect's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Adobe Connect on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Adobe Connect from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Adobe Connect app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Adobe Connect from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Adobe Connect icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Adobe Connect.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Adobe Connect app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Adobe Connect" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Adobe Connect from your Android phone
To delete Adobe Connect from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Adobe Connect.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Adobe Connect app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Adobe Connect app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Adobe Connect Software Details
Attend meetings, webinars, and virtual classrooms with Adobe Connect. View and participate, present content, and even fully host online meetings. (Hosting meetings requires an Adobe Connect account.) Note: THIS APPLICATION CANNOT BE USED TO VIEW NATIVE ADOBE CONNECT RECORDINGS. Adobe Connect recordings should be converted to MP4 video by the meeting owner before being viewed on mobile devices. The FREE Adobe Connect application brings all critical capabilities from the desktop to your mobile device, enabling you to drive meetings directly from your Android tablet or smartphone. Launch...